Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Rockin' Robin

It's really sad that I log on to my blog like 50 times a day just to hear the first song on my playlist. It's a happy tune and it makes me smile. I'm just randomly writing on a Monday night that feels like a Sunday because it's, well, a holiday. I spent my day like this: woke up to the rain and a very windy wind, made breakfast for Mike and I (he called in sick, maybe "sick of work" is all), then started on some lesson plans for work next week. Next thing I know I'm watchin' TV and it's lunch time. I had a temper tantrum over the fact that I had to go to grocery store...but then after I returned from throwing all my bags in the car and driving home with Linkin Park blasting I was able to calm down and eat something.

Surprisingly (or maybe not so much), the laundry and dishes remained in their dirty state while I, one poorly dressed teacher on vacay watched 2 consecutive Lifetime made-for-TV movies until it was time for The Bachelor (whom I am finding I really am starting to actually respect for not beating around the bush) and finally it's past my hopeful bedtime (I say hopeful because I always wish I could go to bed at 9:00 but never do---and if I had the will to do it there is really nothing urgent to stop me from turning off that TV or putting down that book).

This is my life people, the perpetual rearranging my list of things to do to the next day so that I can fit in the lazy day. *sigh* All my aspirations...waiting to be fulfilled. Like the dude in the Linkin Park song sings, I sometimes feel as if I am "wasting away"....

No comments: