Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Week of Showers (some real, some of the baby sort...)






Last Thursday, Rochel and I threw a baby shower for my best Hollister friend, Summer. Our bible study and her family attended. Summer is due in February with little Wyatt, and Rochel is her sister-in-law. Not only did I have fun helping out, but in the process made a new friend. Yay!

If I can steal some pics from anybody who had a camera at this baby shower, I will definitely post them. (I know, how could I NOT have taken any pictures??!!??) The writing on the blog thing I have no trouble with...now I have to get more "on it" with the upkeep of posting pictures. I can and I will, I just can't say when! So for those of you who are more visual, I do apologize...but you'll just have to wait! ;-)

Anyway, back to the shower. It was SO fun! I have not helped with a baby shower before and did not realize how much was involved. However, it was definitely worth the time invested. My dishes, laundry, and the grocery store felt neglected but of course these kinds of events don't happen very often, you know! They'll just have to deal. And now life is back to normal....

I had the best time ever with Rochel, she even fed me a few times. For a couple of weeks we went bananas getting everything ready for Wyatt's monkey-themed hoopla. There were paintings of monkeys and bananas and palm trees, a huge monkey face in the bathroom, stuffed monkeys all around... One of my favorite parts were the tealights lit all throughout the house. There's just something warm and cozy about candles. They make everything a little more special. And to make all the guests feel special, Rochel had the great idea of making tealight holders out of baby jars to give out as favors. She painted the word "joy" on each one and we filled them with aquarium rock and tied brown tulle around the rim. Did I mention that my mom made that awesome diaper cake?

The food was absolutely delicious, compliments of Pam, Summer's mother-in-law. Chicken salad sandwiches, grapes, cheese, a yummy punch, and these awesome apricot brie crostinis...oh! and I can't forget the monkey cupcakes...so cute.

Summer got a lot of really awesome gifts. I have to say one of my favorites was a nursing blanket thing (I'm not a mom I don't know the mom vocabulary for these things) from a company called Milky Juggs. I just like the name....naw...the gift was super cute. Very chic for a nursing mom! I wonder if there's a picture of it out there somewhere....the giraffe diaper bag was pretty cool, too... oh! and her sister Laura knitted Baby Wyatt this amazing sweater. It's gorgeous. And Pam gave her an antique window to put up as wall art that said "Thank Heaven for Little Boys" with stars. There were many other cool things, but those are the ones I remember most. I think she had a good time, and it was really nice to meet some more of her family and friends.

So now I am hoping another kind of party comes up soon that I can help with...because it was so much fun to do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad everything worked out. It sounds like it was a great time!

Powers Fam said...

So glad that everything turned out great! Parties are just plain fun.....once you actually get to the party day. :) Love the tea light/baby jar idea. Gonna have to steal that for something.