Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Whirlwind Week: Part Three

After taking care of some things on Sunday, I found myself at a casino on Monday with my parents.  Mema, Becky, and Julie came along, too.  We had a buffet lunch and then lost all our money--except Aunt Julie had a nice payoff!  I was reminded why I rarely gamble...I don't seem to ever win!  Well, I'll need to remember to bet small at the horse races next weekend!!!


Aunt Julie on the way to the casino!

Aunt Becky's dreaming of her winnings...

Oh look, there's Mema!


Oh look, there's me! Hey...where is Sam??? ;-)

An Amazing Race slot machine...who would've thought?

I decided to take Mema back home with me that night so the two of us headed across the valley and over the hills to my house after feasting on Starbucks and Taco Bell.  The next day we explored a little in Gilroy and Watsonville.  I took her to Gizdich Ranch where we found some yummy ollalieberry pie to bring back home to Mike.  Only the pie shop is open this time of year, but during the right seasons you can pick berries and apples, etc.  They also have an antique store and a tiny market. While we were there we ran into a customer there who was from Clovis, like Mema.  Small world!!! 

Speaking of Clovis, I miss my other family, too!!!  We must make plans soon!!! 

Here's Mema in our nearly finished guest room...

No comments: