| Here we are in Lisa's newly remodeled kitchen...which is, by the way, incredibly GORGEOUS! :-) |
I brought a very simple, basic tortilla soup which was just broth and chicken but you could add all sorts of things like tortilla strips, cilantro, lime, bell pepper, cheese, avocado, and green onion. But my soup was, by far, not as fantastic as some of these ladies' soups!!!
The first one I wanted to try to make once I got home was Rochel's zucchini beef soup. It is SO good and she is letting me share the recipe with you :-)
| Zucchini Beef Soup at our house! |
| Is there a name for these? I called them "crusties", but Mike says that sounds really unappetizing. I guess he's thinking of eye crusties! |
Rochel's Zucchini Beef Soup
1 pound ground beef
4 celery ribs
3/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped green pepper
2 28 oz. cans diced tomatoes (un-drained)
6 medium zucchini (cubed)
4 cups water
3 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. beef boullion granules
1 tsp. sugar
pepper to taste
shredded Parmesan cheese (garnish)
In a large pot cook beef, celery, onion, and green pepper over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Drain fat from meat and vegetable mixture. Stir in tomatoes, zucchini, water, Italian seasoning, salt, boullion, sugar and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20-25 minutes longer, or until zucchini is tender.
Garnish with Parmesan cheese! Enjoy!
P.S. In true "Robin" fashion I just realized as I was typing up the recipe that I completely forgot and overlooked the celery when I made it at home. Geez! Oh well, it was still really good!!! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment