Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Grandma McGee

Grandma McGee passed away in late September, and I really miss her.  She was so welcoming and nice.  She made me laugh.  Only about a month before she died I drove to Fresno to take her to lunch, because it's been too long since I'd seen her.  I'm so glad we got to meet that day.  She climbed up in my Tahoe and we went off to Applebee's.  We both had a turkey sandwich.  We chose that meal, because they had the Nutrition Information menu on the table and that was the one with the least calories.  If we had known she was already sick at that point I would have told her to eat anything she felt like!  But she wanted a healthy lunch.  :-)  It will be strange without her during the holidays, but I find comfort in knowing she is in heaven with her sister and friends.  Love you, Grandma!

Sam and Grandma at my Teaching Credential Ceremony

No comments: