We headed down the long, curvy drive to the clubhouse at San Juan Oaks and hop out of the car. I swore I heard someone off in the distance say "Mike!" and I thought maybe it was someone he knew from work. I walk around the other side of the car and there walking toward us in the parking lot was MY BROTHER, PHILLIP!!! I was stunned and delighted.
| Phillip & Dayna |
They had just driven up to the clubhouse themselves and set a tee time for Phil a half hour later. Would we like to play with him, he asks. OF COURSE!!!
As we got our clubs out of the car and loaded them onto the golf carts we still couldn't believe that we had found ourselves together. I totally think it was a God thing!!
Dayna was Phil's "caddie" and rode along...she is such a sport, each time we see her we love getting to know her better. I think they were my good luck charm on the first hole because I parred (after that, I didn't do so hot!). We had a fun round of golf on a beautiful day (it was a little windy, but it wasn't too bad) and afterwards came back to our house for pizza and a little bit of football.
The sweet gift of their unplanned, coincidental visit was the highlight of my weekend. Phillip and Dayna are great people, so polite and kind and fun. I just love when extraordinary things happen when we least expect it!!!
3 comments:
How fun! I was just missing posts from you and what a happy story to read just before I go to bed.
Oh my goodness! Little Philip is no longer a little boy anymore! I didn't even know it was him at first glance. It took me a minute. That was an awesome coincidence.
I know! Lately I've been texting him a lot needing information and one day I thought how weird it was because he is grown up! I told him he must be all grown up now since I have been relying on him so much and he said "Well, I am a reliable kind of guy!". ;-)
Post a Comment