Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Lake in the Sky Air Show: South Lake Tahoe

For Mike's birthday in August, we went to Lake Tahoe.  While we were there, the local airport held an air show which included a military aircraft called a C17.  This was a big coincidence, because Mike had just finished holding a huge meeting about a component he works on for C17s.  So of course, we had to go check it out.
MIke standing next to the C17

I love this pitcure of it straight on.



We also got to see many fighter jets, which I had never seen up close before.  Even in the pictures it's hard to see just how small that cockpit is.  I mean, it's like they sit right on top of the plane and there is no room to move.  I am amazed that there are pilots willing to fly these things.  I would be so scared!

No comments: