Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

All Carbed Out

If you're feeling gross and nappy, if your outlook resembles that of a slug...if you move from one room of the house to the other in a sloth-like manner...if the thought of leaving the house makes you feel overwhelmed....you just might be all carbed out.

Here's my theory:  All summer I have felt fantastic and have had so much energy (except when I went into hundred degree weather with an ear infection, but that is expected).  Why?  I went to a few appointments with a nutritionist and he told me how to manage what I eat.  Basically, well-balanced meals.  No carbs without protein and vice versa. Each meal, not just dinner.  Four meals a day... And, boy, did I feel a difference in the best way...even on days I didn't exercise.

Once in awhile I would have something off my "plan", but I would hop right back on the next meal.  Last week, I fell off that wagon entirely.  It started with missing my last nutrition appointment.  Followed by my birthday which had many extensions that came with the "it's-my-birthday-and-I'll-eat-whatever-I-want-to" mentality. 

Today, I totally went comatose into carb-land.  In fact, I can't think of a single source of protein I have eaten all day except for two bites of bacon.  And that wasn't the best choice! 

In my head, I know I am going to get back on track, but at the moment my body is so carbed out I can't even think straight.  I feel superbly gross.  And I hate this feeling.  So good thing I had a memory flash in my head this evening with the reminder that I have a cholesterol check in 30 days!!! 

Wish me luck! 
To life!

No comments: