In March, I took my class to Sacramento. It was amazing. They behaved so well, and there were no emergencies. Plus I had Gina Munoz and her class with us and she was an awesome comrade. I was very proud of my students because they were able to answer nearly every single question the tour guide at the State Capitol Building asked them and some they answered were ones he said most groups hadn't been able to answer. (It could've been like the time I tried out for Jeopardy! and they didn't give us our tests back but told us all to go home and tell everyone we only missed by one--but I'll pretend that's not the case!!!)
I try not to put up pictures of my students because I don't know if I am allowed to do that or not on a private blog, so I found a couple that didn't have them in it...plus my batteries (that I charged just the night before!) died after our second stop, so the pictures are few this time.
We started off at 6:00 a.m. from Hollister on a beautiful charter bus with Joe, our driver. Arrived at the capitol building for a tour, then headed off to Old Town Sacramento to pan for gold. The kids were troopers, they panned in the rain. And that's when my camera died. Then it just started raining even harder! We next went to the Railroad Museum which was really cool. After that, we headed over to Sutter's Fort (more rain!) and ate lunch in the bus. Fortunately, the rain stopped just long enough for out Fort experience.
Headed back to Old Town for a "scavenger hunt" and shopping before boarding the bus. Stopped at In and Out Burger for dinner on the way home. By the time we got home, I was exhauseted but happy. It was worth it! We weren't allowed to have the parents pay for the kids so we had to fundraise every nickel and dime. A lot of effort went into that trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment