Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Yay! We Have Police!

I am absolutely amazed by what I saw today...as I was driving to the eye doctor to pick up my new contact lenses, I spotted a Honda sedan parked near the curb in front of Sunnyslope School.

The driver was sitting inside apparently waiting for something, but it wasn't that which got my attention. Parked behind the Honda was a strange balck and white vehicle with mysterious looking flashes of light coming from the roof of the car. The lights circled around and around and they were blue...and...red! No! Could it be? An actual.....??? YES! A police officer! Wow! For the second time in 5 years, I actually witnessed a cop pulling someone over for a traffic violation.

Will wonders never cease?...You see, the 8 other times I've seen a police officer in town (with the exception, of course, of our dear school officer who often pops up on campus) they were snoozing in the shadows between the tomato factory and the BBQ place....today's sighting totally made my day! Maybe we ARE being protected in this little town after all! Hooray!

No comments: