Last week, Mike got a cold so I made him some homemade chicken noodle soup. I hadn't made chicken noodle soup in ages and I got the idea from the Nob Hill grocery bags they have out this month. The snowman being sweet to the the snowgirl...I thought how nice it would be for this snowgirl to do something nice for her sick snowman. So I dug out Mema's chicken noodle soup recipe that she had written out for me years ago. You can see a picture of the first page down below. :-) For those of you who don't know, "Mema" is what I call my grandma.
In years past, I've made this soup for sick friends. I don't think it quite comes out like Mema's (which has a nice strong broth) because I don't buy the chicken with the bones. Instead, I cook the chicken in the oven and then cut it up and stick it in the broth. I include the amount of water she says to use to cook the chicken in the beginning of the recipe, and I think that is where I go wrong. Since I don't cook the chicken in the pot, I think I need to leave out the extra water. It was still good, though!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment