Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Distracted Housewives

About 8 years ago, my mom called me up and said, "Robin, I've been reading a book on ADD and I think you have it."  I laughed and went on with my day.

So this is what I just walked into minutes ago:

I came out of the bedroom where I was making the bed because while I was doing something else I remembered I hadn't made the bed.  Well, I guess whatever else I was doing could wait because making the bed all of a sudden couldn't wait.  You see, I finished making the bed and then walked down the hallway wondering what else I wanted to accomplish in the house today.  While I was wondering, I noticed the laundry room door was open and the light was on.

The dryer door was hanging open and one-third of the towels from inside it were folded on the washer.  The other two-thirds were waiting patiently inside the dryer for my return.

Now this may seem like no big deal...it happens to you, too, right?

Except for the fact that something caught my eye on the opposite side of where I was standing...the dishwasher door was also hanging wide open and...this is the best part...the water was running in the sink.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me giggle....sorry Robin!

Robin said...

Oh good, I was hoping someone would find it funny! :-)