I was browsing the offical website of Debbie Macomber, a favorite fictional author of mine for fun reads, when I discovered a "Recipes" tab. Apparently, her fans enter recipe contests. I spotted this winning recipe and am eager to try it! I will post a picture once I do. If you try it before me, please let me know how it is.
A little interesting tidbit: In June, Mike & I will be going on our summer vacation to Coeur D'Alene,Idaho and Port Orchard,Washington. Port Orchard is Debbie Macomber's hometown. She has a series that revolves around a fictional town named Cedar Cove, which is based on Port Orchard. We are staying at the Cedar Cove Inn! Check it out, I can't wait to get there! cedarcoveinn.com
*I"m having trouble adding a link to my post for some reason (never done it before & it's not working!)...but until I get it right, you can easily Google "Cedar Cove Inn" and/or "Debbie Macomber" to find the B&B and recipes!!!*
Recipe from: debbiemacomber.com
Name: Michelle Wortham
RecipeName: Whisky Burgers
Category: Sandwiches
Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground sirloin
2 TB Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. onion powder
11/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. minced garlic
salt & pepper to taste
1 lg egg
1-2 shots your favorite whisky
1 lg. sweet onion, sliced thick
1/2 lb .small horn Colby-jack cheese, sliced
Preparation:
Whisk together all the spices with the egg & whisky in a large mixing bowl. Add ground sirloin, using a pastry blender combine all ingredients really, really well. Put meat mixture in sealable plastic bag & refrigerate 6 hrs. or overnight. Spray large skillet with cooking spray and put over medium high heat. Form hamburger patties about 1/4-inch thick. Put patties in skillet and brown slowly on each side, also put slices of onion in skillet with burgers, charring and slightly caramelizing the onions on both sides. Flip burgers when they begin to char slightly, putting a slice of onion on each & topping with Colby-jack cheese. Plate the burgers when cheese begins to melt.
Dress burgers with choice of condiments and buns.
2 comments:
be sure to leave off the www part if you are starting with the http:// part. Try that and see if it works.
I'll try it, thanks!
Post a Comment