Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Second Saturday in December

Yesterday was the second Saturday in December...and I thought it was going to be a bummer of a day.  Mike and I had plans to clean the church in the morning (we sign up to do it once or twice a year), get in some golf, and then finally go get our tree and trim it!  But on Thursday night, he dropped a bomb...he had to work on Saturday! 
So I called up my mother-in-law, Karen, to see if she would like to help me decorate our tree.  I thought she might love to since she is not putting up a tree this year for the first time in just about forever.  And I was right...she was eager to come help. 
The whole day was just beautiful.  I woke up early and faithfully went to my Weight Watchers meeting.  I didn't want to!  I sadly went over all of my points in a very big way last week.  I was very anxious and ready to give up.  I went to my meeting anyway and what do you know, I lost ONE pound.  I was thrilled.  One pound is better than nothing...or gaining!  So I figured the only thing that saved me must have been my single trip to the gym last week to sweat my features off on the elliptical.  I vow to do that at least twice this week!!! And to stay within my points at least 6 out of 7 days!
After my meeting, I went over to the church to clean it.  Luckily, a friend of mine had signed up with us and so I didn't have to clean the whole place by myself.  Jean is an awesome co-church cleaner!  She even brought her own Swiffer. :-)
Once the church was cleaned well enough, I scuttled home to make lunch for Karen.  I had left-overs from the Project Party on Thursday, so we added the fudge, cookies, and scones to the chicken salad sandwiches and veggies.  Along with the Christmas music to decorate the tree by, we had some coffee brewing and hot apple cider.  Remember, I vowed to keep to my Weight Watchers points 6 out of 7 days?  This was the day I will not adhere to that!
Just after the tree was all done, Mike came home from work and Karen had to leave to get back to Fremont before dark.  Then Mike and I went to San Juan Bautista and ate in the garden at Jardine's...I couldn't believe it was warm enough to eat outside!  It was such a nice evening.
So in the end, even though I've been experiencing a little bit lately of my plans being muddled up not only with my husband but with others...I learned yesterday that instead of pouting about it the smart thing to do is make the best of it and you just might discover you'll have even more fun than you originally intended!
Here are some pictures around our house in honor of the Christmas season!






No comments: