This was the first year I had been to the Ladies Tea at Grace Bible Church. It was the same day as my grandma's funeral, and since I was hosting a table and had also helped a bit in organizing the table hostesses and sign ups I wanted to make sure to at least pop in for a little bit.
The tea is a great way to meet the other ladies in the church and also invite friends who may not attend church. The theme this year was "Family Traditions: Celebrating Jesus" so we were supposed to decorate our table using one of our own family traditions.
My table revolved around one of our newer traditions for Thanksgiving. Our home is decorated with quite a bit of sports stuff, so I was trying to think of something sports related we could use for a centerpiece on the dinner table. I thought of baseballs! I thought of how players sign the balls, and I thought we could do that, too. Instead of just our name, our family members could write something we were thankful for or a blessing for the year. Then the baseballs would stay on the table year round to remind us of our blessings.
Well, I forgot to do that at Thanksgiving. All the people left and I said "Oh no!The baseballs!". Mike was so sweet, he had remembered and had written on one himself. Then I started having family sign the baseballs year round---that is, when I remembered! My goal is to make this a Thanksgiving tradition!
 |
| My table in the sanctuary at Grace. It was so nice to have Pam help me set up! You can see her in the background. |
 |
| Would you believe this is the first time my wedding china was used? Next to each setting, I placed a Bible verse that had something to do with giving thanks to the Lord. |
 |
| The baseball centerpiece. I don't own a teapot so I borrowed those two from my friend, Tina. |
 |
| I left an explanation of my tradition on the table since I wouldn't be there for most of the time. |
 |
| Summer was gracious enough to co-host with me since I would be at the funeral. |
2 comments:
Great table setting....very creative. I'm sorry for your loss Robin. I didn't know your grandma passed away.
It happened pretty quickly. She was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma 2 weeks before she died. And it happened the week before Ida got married, so that was tough for her.
Post a Comment