Since I've been eating better, I've been able to get up in the morning easier and I have so much more energy. I've been making breakfast for both of us most days and sending Mike to work with a snack, too, since I am eating them. On the days when I eat breakfast later than he does, I hear him making his own and packing his own snacks. I am so happy about this, because it is just all around good that both of us are working toward this new healthier way of eating. :-)
Today, I surprised him with a basket of snacks to keep each week on his desk. He smiled and said he'd have to keep people from getting into it. Haha... Later, I added peanut butter & paper plates to go along with the apple slicer and plastic knives & napkins. He likes peanut butter on his apples. So do I!
Anyway, this snack basket will be great, because this way each week all his food will already be at work and he won't have to think about it each morning. Healthy, yummy treats will be waiting for him and this will also save money that used to be spent on vending machine junk. On Fridays, he can just bring the basket home (or take a bag to work) to have it refilled! I included an air-tight canister in case he runs into any ants or mice. Yuck! You never know at those workplaces! Let's pray the "little guys" don't get into the fruit!
2 comments:
Once again Robin, fabulous idea!!! I have to figure out how to do something like this for Cliff. I do see those M&M's in the cannister. Gotta have a little chocolate. ;)
Of course! Besides, they have peanuts in them! And it's portioned :-) Going from a huge bag to an individual portion is a big change! There's also some dark chocolate in there, which is supposed to have some health benefits.
Actually, he left this morning without the basket (but instead picked out his snack to take for just the day), because of the fear of mice getting into the food. I was so sad. So maybe ask Cliff what the rodent status is in his office before you spend any money!
Post a Comment