
I won't show the whole library, but this is part of the Reference section. The way my library is set up came from an idea from a third-grade teacher in the midwest, Beth Newingham. I highly recommend visiting her awesome website for all kinds of ideas. Her class makes movies and everything! Just Google her name and you'll find it in a jiffy! I downloaded the labels for the baskets from her website, too. Such a time-saver!

Some of our chapter books and a few "Book Boxes". Each student had their own Book Box to take with them to their Book Nook for "Paws" to Read (silent reading---we ARE huskies, you know!). Anyway, the whole book box/book nook thing also came from Beth Newingham!

Some of our non-fiction books...

I should have taken a close up, but this is our Book Nook list. Each kid's name is on a clothespin and we rotate the clothespins on a weekly basis. Some of the book nooks are orange pillow, red seat cushions, the teacher's chair, the ottoman...

...but I think these are the most favored book nooks of all! Not bad for $5 a pop at a summer garage sale in Hollister!
2 comments:
Paws for reading! Too cute! You are so creative with words Robin. And I love your book nook areas.
I love the reading section!!!!!
Post a Comment