
Welcome to Room 13! Come on in! :-)

The Power Teaching Rules from WholeBrainTeaching.com!
Follow directions quickly.
Raise your hand for permission to leave your seat.
Raise your hand for permission to speak.
Make smart choices.
Keep your DEAR teacher happy!!!

Love that school spirit (blue and gold) and enthusiasm! We love school! You can see our TEAMS on the white board #1-6 (table groups). Just began a new week of earning points. Underneath that is our happy face and sad face (whole class). From Chris Biffle's Power Teaching: When the class does exactly what I want them to they earn a reward on the scoreboard (happy face point) & a one-second party. They get to SHOUT "Oh, yeah!!!" with a fist pump. If they are not doing what I want them to they get a point on the sad face and have to give me a MIGHTY GROAN (lift of shoulder with a loud exasperating noise). They love it! Another thing that's useful is the "While You Were Gone" folders for absent students.

Our "mailboxes".

In order to stay sane, I've got to have a little corner of my own...but the posters and border remind the kids that character counts!
1 comment:
It was one of the most awesome classrooms I've ever seen!
Post a Comment