Mike and I had a good,long conversation last night. I asked him about work, knowing it was on his mind. So I listened while he let it all out. And as I sat there looking at him, I really remembered how thankful I am for him.
Even on his toughest days, he never comes home in a bad mood even thought I can tell that he probably had a stressful day. He stays quiet and remains calm...he doesn't comment on the fact that the dishes might not be done or the bed may not have been made. I know he doesn't like it when things are a little bit cluttered, yet he respects the fact that I work, too. I don't know what I'd do if he did say something because I already feel bad enough when the house isn't kept as neat as it could be.
In fact, Mike will pitch in and do the dishes or his laundry. He's even taken to mowing the lawn instead of having a gardener. One day I came home to find him stirring dinner on the stove....I just plain appreciated that.
He's so thoughtful, in ways that don't cost money. Like listening. Like being loyal. Like rubbing my feet when they ache after standing on my feet for 6 hours. Like asking my opinion, because it matters to him. Like being nice to my friends. Like encouraging me to go to bible study, and worried for me if I don't feel like going to church.
I hope he realizes how much of what he does means to me. I know a lot is going to fall on his shoulders if I don't have a job next year. I won't take him for granted for one second. Every day that he goes to work I pray for him...that's he'll find patience and be able to cope with the stress...that he'll be safe on the country road...that I think of him with concern for every hour he works overtime.
Every summer, I know I have tons of time off, yet he only has a week or two. That's why I don't really mind that we go to so many golf courses. In fact, I am really liking golf now that I can hit the ball! And yet, even with my excess amount of possible vacation time, he ALWAYS says "Okay, I will set my tee times for the morning and the rest of the day is completely whatever you want to do, babe." What I don't think he realizes is that just seeing him able to relax on his vacation, teeing off at the course, whizzing around in the golf cart---that's what makes me happy. That's enough for me. Well, that and reading a good book ;-)
2 comments:
So glad you have an amazing husband Robin. Isn't it great to know that Rosie will have that too!
I know I am so excited for her :-)
Post a Comment