Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Little House in Sacramento



A couple of weeks ago, my mother-in-law Karen and I drove over to Sacramento to see the musical Little House on the Prairie with Melissa Gilbert. When I can find it, I'll put up a picture of the program.

We had a blast! We got there early enough to have lunch in Old Town Sacramento at a place called Rio City Cafe which was right on the river. You can see the bridge behind me...they say that if you stand on one side of the bridge and look across the river you can see all the way to the State Capitol. I haven't tried that, yet.

Anyway, we were lucky enough to sit outside on a warm, sunny day. Boats were driving by with their music cranked up and there were not too many people about, but enough for things to be lively. We both had a delicious Salmon BLT & Sweet Potato Fries. Then we went on to the performance, which was very cute! There were some young audience members that were wearing their bonnets and some holding the old dolls.

We had given the tickets to Karen as a Christmas present...Mike and Ken were happy to stay back and home, needless to say it's not their "thing"!!! But us girls, we had a great time!

P.S. Karen---See when you're not in the pictures, people are going to think I'm narcissistic by not including you!!! haha ;-) Love ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun and what great weather you had. Yummy meal too!