I have to say, my husband in BRILLIANT!
I can't tell you how many books on household cleaning and organizing I have bought over the past few years (not enough, really, but enough to be trying!!!) and this man just explained to me how he does things and has saved me a lot of time and hassle!!!
Last weekend, while I went out to run an errand I asked Mike if he would mind hanging out our clothes. I had put just a hodge podge of clothes in the machine, only sorting according to color. I came home to this:
"I know why you hate laundry."
"Oh, yes, why is that?", I asked.
"You do it all wrong."
"Really? What am I doing wrong?"
"Well, first of all it took me a long time to hang out the clothes in the machine because you have clothes in there that were both intended to be hung AND to be put in the dryer."
Silence. Then, "HUH?" I was unsure of what advice he was going to give me...
"I know now, too, why my shirts come out unwrinkled and yours always are... You had everything all inside out...sleeves stuffed in the holes...no wonder they come out all messed up! (this part he doesn't remember saying) You're supposed to have them right side out and lay it gentle-like into the machine."
Finally, he said something to the effect of, "It'd be faster if you would sort the clothes before you wash them into piles of what needs to be hung vs. what needs to go into the dryer. And by the way, (this part I've heard before) I've never seen anyone sort clothes according to every color of the rainbow. All you have to do is lights vs. darks it doesn't matter what color the darks are as long as you wash in cold water."
Silence. Followed by a huge LIGHT BULB GOING OFF INSIDE MY HEAD!!!! Ding! Ding! Ding!
My husband, the genius...(yes, I think you're amazing, honey!).
I just wanted to share this conversation with you because I was a happy little thing as I was pulling out clothes from the washer tonight grinning from ear to ear because every single piece had to go into the dryer and I didn't have to pick through everything. It was so EASY!!!
Laundry no longer makes me a basket case! :-)
1 comment:
You make me giggle!
Post a Comment