Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

The Parent

It's really hard for me to admit to a parent that it's technically my first year of teaching a "real" class. Prior to this year I was teaching ELD to small groups and I wasn't responsible for the whole spectrum of curriculum nor was I burdened with managing a class of the size I have now. I was spoiled. I admit it.

So I don't bring up the fact that I'm "new" too much...because, for example, today when I mentioned it to a mother who brought in some treats for the kids, her eyes got really big and immediately I worried over what she may have been thinking. It could have been a multitude of possibilities. The one thing I immediately think they are thinking is "Oh, that's why my daughter is learning nothing"...serioulsy, I am too hard on myself.

I am not exactly sure why I chose to write about this, but it must weigh heavily on my mind because here it is.

No comments: