Just got off the phone with my step-dad, Sam, who has been in my life for about (WOW!) 21 years now. Geez, where has the time gone? Had to get the calculator out to check that one...Anyway, as I hung up after Sam agreed to do me yet another favor by taking some furniture off my hands and storing it for me, I wondered if he knew how much I love him. We love you Sam!!!! (Mike wanted to join me in saying that.)
He calls himself my "father-figure", "Sam I Am", Yosemite Sam. He's a crack up. He's one of the funniest guys you'll ever meet, takes pride in his job, helps my mom out enormously, and keeps Mike & Uncle David company in this mostly female family. Loves to tell stories.
He put up with living in the same house as me, two dogs, and three cats for a dozen years. He'll drop everything to help you out and he doesn't expect anything in return. He cooks amazing things, he gives great bear hugs, and when you've got something troubling on your mind he'll listen like he has all the time in the world. Afterward, he'll put his two cents in---usually good advice!
Speaking of change, you can tell he's having a good day when he answers the phone with "Your dime, my time" or "Your dime, my nickel" instead of "Hello". Have I heard that lately? Hmmm....I hope you're having a good day today, Sam!
Anyway, in the step-parent department I was blessed on both sides. Thanks, Sam, my friend!
Don't worry Mom, I will be saying great things about you on your birthday later this month ;-)


No comments:
Post a Comment