Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"Margarita Maker" Monopoly



Last week, I had a 7-year-old with me for most of the day.  In the afternoon, we decided to play a game and she chose Monopoly.  It was delightful...I mean, she knew the rules better than I did and was such a sport.  I should note that our Monopoly is one of those special editions that is made of wood and the pieces are all domestic things like a toaster and a tea cup, etc.  It was a wedding gift.

Well, I was in the kitchen and she was setting up the game and I hear her ooh and ahhh from the other room and in an excited voice she says something like "Your Monopoly has a margarita maker!!!" I couldn't understand what she was talking about, because I hadn't played the game in so long I forgot that the pieces were different and I was thinking "What the heck is a margarita maker?" because if I ever do have margaritas they're almost always on the rocks.

I walk into the room and she she says "Look!  A margarita maker!" holding up the tiny, silver blender with a smile.  She was pretty impressed about this item in the game...so impressed that it was her game token of choice.

So why the picture of the Jail section of the game board?  Well, when my little pal landed in jail, she laughingly said something to me like...."The margarita maker in jail!  That won't be so bad, because they'll have a good time having all those margaritas!"

I think her Dad was a bartender....so funny!

No comments: