They had plastic bins (top shelf) and plastic caddies (not pictured) in the center of each group. Inside each bin was their folder for works-in-progress, composition books, and math notebooks. Inside their caddies were their pencils, scissors, gluesticks, whiteboard markers, highlighters, etc. Their workbooks and binder remained in their backpacks on the back of their chairs. This system worked well for us because when I gave directions for something to be out, it was out on the desk in a snap.
As far as textbooks went, they stayed all year on the shelf and daily I would tell Team Captains to get their textbooks (whatever subject we were transitioning to) for their teams.
Okay, so it's a crate for Flash cards and a basket for Rough Drafts, but I liked this picture! :-) Actually, the kids made their own flash cards. We got some index cards and they each made a set, then we filed them by number.
Another idea from Summer. :-) Each magazine file is labeled by category (Classroom Management, ELD, Math, etc.) and inside are all those little teacher resource books we find so useful to supplement our curriculum. It REALLY saved me time being able to go straight to the subject I needed at any given moment before heading to the copy machine!
2 comments:
I love how organized you are! Labels are everywhere. I would be in heaven. I love labels. Did you have to buy all those bins? I am assuming you did because I did. Amazing how much it all adds up.
I know...as I was packing up today I looked around the room and just the fadeless paper and borders were screaming "MONEY!!!" to me :-(
I LOVE LABELS, TOO! :-)Yes I did buy the bins. But I did it knowing I could clean them up and use them at home in the future for my own kid's books someday. As far as the magazine files, I knew that I could also use them at home for Mike's travel brochures that he gets in the mail (tons). The white bins I bought at K-Mart for $10 a set, and I figured I could use them at home for organizing either in the garage or the closet. I tried to have a dual purpose for all of it, in case I didn't have a job one day or started a family!
Post a Comment