Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Coast, Clubs, & Cantina














This Saturday, Mike and I left for a day trip to the Monterey/Pacific Grove area for some lunch, some golf, and later some dinner. The weather was like a gift from heaven. It was a bit chilly but the sun was out in full force with not a cloud in the sky. The best kind of day. :-)

We picked up some grub from this awesome podunk deli on Prescott in a residential area just up the hill from Cannery Row. It's unknown by tourists and most often frequented by local military residents. They have huge portions. Mike can't even finish a half sandwich!

We took our lunch out to Lover's Point in Pacific Grove. I insisted that we use our beach chairs, and the second we sat in them I knew we wouldn't last long! The wind was sooo cold! Needless to say, we ended up finishing our lunch in the car while we people-watched.

We found a cool antique store to browse in while we waited for our tee time, then eventually headed to the golf course to ask if we could get an early start. We grabbed a cart and off we went.

Something special about this trip to the golf course was that it was the FIRST time ever that I recorded my score. My goal was to hit 100...well, as you can see I didn't quite make it! But it's a start! :-)

The views were incredible, I mean the pictures don't do it justice. This course is a muni course and it's right along the coast. Insane.

Following our walk, we headed over to Carmel Valley to the Baja Cantina. Such a fun, relaxing place and the food is REALLY good. :-) We just can't get over what a perfect day it was.

1 comment:

Powers Fam said...

What a great day and I'm loving your food reviews. ;)