In an effort to catalog our adventures, I decided to start blogging our trips. However, I am by no means going to go all the way back to when Mike and I met! I would need to take a year off to record all of that!!! So what I am going to do is start off with the first trip makred on the calendar I've been using most recently...and with my Alzheimer's mind, if it was a spontaneous trip that is NOT in the calendar, it's likely that I won't blog it!
Sausalito..
was...
AWESOME!
The reason for our trip to Sausalito began with a desire (by me, of course!) to once again hear a symphony. We got tickets to the San Francisco Symphony, and were on our way. Since neither one of us are big fans of monster-busy cities, we settled in Sausalito, a very quiet, romantic town right on the bay just across from the Golden Gate Bridge. We stayed at a lovely hotel that didn't have many rooms, but felt boutiquey and cozy. I especially loved the stained glass window in the shower. The fountain in the park was the view from our window and if you leaned your head out just a bit, you could see the bay.
We had dinner at a nice restaurant that had an awesome view of the city lit up at night across the bay, then headed off to Davies Symphony Hall in SF where we got extremely lucky with parking.
The symphony was very good, our nosebleed seats made me a bit dizzy, but I got used to it. Mike was a sport and tried not to be too obviously happy when the last piece was over. Only someone really watching us would see that he practically tripped me jumping out of his seat to exit the symphony hall. he did look back for me once or twice to make sure I was behind him in the mad rush to get down the stairs to our car. What a guy! ;-)
The next morning, we took a drive over to the coast...a lonely road for cars but with tons of cyclists enjoying the beautiful fall weather. We ended up at a lookout point where there were old bunkers for back in the military days looking for enemy ships and subs. My memory fails me as to exactly where we were, but it was on the way to Stinson Beach.
All in all, a very fine weekend...just the kind of relaxation we both needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment