Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Flyer Dog



So...I found out a couple of weeks ago that Amber can fly. Or something close to it, anyway.
Mike was out of town on a business trip and it was time to eat dinner, but it was dark so I decided to take my Amber-dog with me. She's quite the follower, I've discovered and I've been able to get her to the car more and more without a leash. Our routine is that once I lock the front door to the house, she'll go to the end of the driveway and sniff around a bit until I get the rear end of the Tahoe open. I'll loudly pat the back of the car and she'll jump up in one flying leap.
Well, on this particular eveing, I did my triple thump as usual and not only did she get up there in one flying leap, but by the time I blinked once, the silly girl was in the driver's seat! I was laughing so hard the neighbors probably thought I was crazy (it was dark and she is brown so I looked totally alone, I'm sure). That silly girl, always a riot!

1 comment:

Powers Fam said...

Thank you for the smile. I could totally picture your dog readyvto drive. ;)